1cup refined flour ( Maida)
Approx 1 cup water ( Milk for an enhanced taste)
1 ripe banana
One pinch baking soda
1 tea spoon Aniseed (Panamahuri)
2 cardamom ground
1 cup water
1 cup sugar
1. Mix the refined flour and water (or milk) to make a thick barter.
2. Add in baking soda, Aniseed and powdered cardamom. Set the barter aside for 15-30 mins.
3. Add in 1 cup sugar to 1 cup water. Gently stir to make the syrup. Leave it on simmer while the malpua is being done.
4. Add a mashed banana to the barter and mix in thoroughly.
5. Heat oil or ghee in a shallow fry pan. Pour in 1 ladle of the barter and fry until golden brown.
6. Take the malpua out, drain the oil and let soak in the syrup for 2-3 mins.
7. Take out the malpua and keep aside. It can be served hot or cold.
Add a glob of vanilla ice cream to make it taste better!